Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Keep Reading for the Secret to World Peace! Not.

All right, updates!

Christmas gloves are all given out. Both Katie and Aashima seem to love them. In fact, I took this picture on the spur of the moment when we were out to dinner and I noticed that they had both worn them out, all on their own. They turned out well and were well-received, so yea!

Brenda was also out with us and she was very complimentary, so I asked if she wanted the gloves instead of the headband, and she hemmed and hawed a bit and said yes. Sigh. That means two more pairs, since Emily also fussed a bit. I might still do the headband for Brenda eventually anyway, since I think she's the only person I know who might actually wear it. In either case, Emily's gloves and Brenda's headband are on the back burner, and Brenda's gloves won't even be started until this monstrosity is over:Yikes. That far done, which is great, but guess when Reidy's birthday was? Oh, you know, yesterday. And while it isn't so much an occasion gift right now, since I bought her some birthday stuff in Vietnam, I wanted to send it all in the same package so she'd get it around her birthday. Alas, it is not to be.

But I was getting too bored with just the blanket, so I started these:and they are fun and easy. I'm making the first few as cat toys. I bought what I think might be catnip at the pet store the other day, so I'm making a couple for Reidy's cats, to include with the blanket (and to make sure the cats like the blanket, hee hee), and then I figured I'd make a couple for Brenda's cats as well, while I'm at it. I like the way the colors are turning out with these lovely short rows, and now I finally have a use for this one silly skein of Patons Decor!

So now there are just under 10 inches of Reidy's cat blanket left, and the spheres are quick and easy, and then it'll be time to do Brenda's gloves and start on the baby stuff for Sheila. And maybe, just maybe, I'll go ahead and squeeze in buying the pattern and yarn for the Prepster. Because I really want it, and I want to do something for me, dangit.

Also, if you have not tried Haagen-Dazs' Maple Cookie flavor...GUUUUUHHH!! Run, don't walk, to your nearest Haagen-Dazs retailer and get some. Happiness in my mouth. Seriously.

No comments: